Book a Free Trial Class
The IGCSE curriculum is a two-year program of study that is typically undertaken by students aged 14-16 years, while A-levels (Advanced Level) and AS-levels (Advanced Subsidiary Level) are post-16 qualifications that are typically taken by students aged 16-19 years.
IGCSE is equivalent to O-level (Ordinary Level) in the UK education system, and both qualifications are at a similar level of difficulty. However, IGCSE is a more modern and globally recognized curriculum, while O-level is an older, more traditional curriculum that is mainly used in the UK and some Commonwealth countries.
A-levels and AS-levels are more advanced qualifications that are typically taken after completing IGCSEs or O-levels. A-levels are two-year programs of study that are equivalent to the final two years of high school in the US education system. AS-levels are one-year courses that can be taken as a standalone qualification or as the first half of an A-level.
Both A-levels and AS-levels offer students a more in-depth and specialized education, focusing on specific subjects in greater detail. They are recognized by universities and employers around the world and are often required for entry into higher education and professional careers.
In this era, technological advancements continue to advance at a rate that is beyond imagination. Consequently, it is essential to select a curriculum that teaches students to adjust to change and learn to relearn and unlearn. Students can pick subjects that fit their interests.
How IGCSE Curriculum help your child
The IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education) curriculum can help your child in several ways, such as:
1. Global Recognition: IGCSE is recognized globally, and its certification is accepted by universities, employers, and governments in many countries.
2. Balanced Curriculum: The curriculum focuses on a balanced education that promotes both academic and practical skills. It includes subjects like math, science, language, humanities, and creative arts.
3. Critical Thinking: IGCSE helps students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, which are essential for success in higher education and the workplace.
4. Flexibility: IGCSE offers flexibility in choosing subjects, allowing students to select a course of study that matches their interests and career aspirations.
5. Preparation for Higher Education: IGCSE is an excellent preparation for higher education, including university-level courses and vocational training.
Overall, the IGCSE curriculum can help your child develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence needed to succeed in a globalized world.
Life skills that students learn through the IGCSE curriculum:
- Problem-solving and critical thinking
- Management of Time
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Collaboration that transcends geographical boundaries and embraces different cultures
- Ability to analyze
- Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Imagination and Creativity
The IGCSE curriculum provides a solid foundation for the Cambridge Advanced stage, which includes Cambridge International AS, A-Levels, Cambridge Pre-U, and other progression pathways. It incorporates the very best in international education for students at this level. It is regularly updated and expanded to meet changing requirements.
Uniqueness of the IGCSE Syllabus
The IGCSE syllabus is unique in its global recognition and flexibility, allowing students to choose from a wide range of subjects and tailor their course of study to their individual interests and career aspirations. It also emphasizes a balanced education, promoting both academic and practical skills, and helps students develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills that are essential for success in higher education and the workplace.
Importance of the IGCSE curriculum
Students with at least one IGCSE Certification are preferred by the majority of international universities. The assessment methods check for problem-solving abilities, time management abilities, oral and written communication skills, initiative, and skill application. The curriculum is compelling and provides an international perspective on studies. In addition, the IGCSE curriculum is similar to a transition from the State board to the international level because, in contrast to the State board, the IGCSE curriculum emphasizes application-oriented learning.
Reasons to pick Now classes for IGCSE tuition
“Where can I find the best IGCSE tutoring near me?” NowClasses is the obvious choice because we are just a click away.
Tutors at NowClasses have a lot of expertise in dealing with IGCSE students and have all of the most current and effective resources.
NowClasses is a purpose-built, cutting-edge online classroom platform with the most up-to-date features, as well as a network of the most verified, trained, and experienced online tutors who are now educating hundreds of students in over 25 countries.
NowClasses is the best option since we stand out for a variety of reasons.
- Qualified and experienced tutors in UAE
- Customized learning
- Flexibility and convenience with online tutoring platform
- Online IGCSE tuition at Affordable pricing
- Best online tutoring platforms in Dubai
Frequently Asked Question
Q1. When are the IGCSE exams taken?
Ans. IGCSE exams are only given once a year. Depending on the institution, either in the months of May or June. The same exam is retaken in the month of November.
Q2. How many exams are there in IGCSE?
Ans. The IGCSE curriculum includes five subject groups.A minimum of 5 and a maximum of 14 subjects must be taken by students.
Q3. What are the benefits of IGCSE?
Ans. 1.IGCSE provides a flexible course of study and a balanced curriculum.
2. It provides studies with a world wide perspective.
- The assessment methods Check your abilities to solve problems, manage your time, communicate effectively both in writing and orally, take initiative, and apply your knowledge and comprehension.
Q4. What is the next step after IGCSE?
Ans. Any 10+2 level certification, like Local Boards’ Class 12 CBSE/ISC/HSC, is open to students after IGCSE. alternatively, international preparatory courses like the IBDP and AS/A levels (UK).